Monday, November 20, 2017

NOT MAKING A MISTAKE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE


MAKE A MISTAKE AND THE DOOR OF OPPORTUNITY OPENS LEADING TO POSITIVE ENERGY !!

My brother and I were driving home together and became engrossed in a conversation. Because of this distraction, my brother took a wrong turn.
Unfortunately, the wrong turn took us towards a bridge and we had no way to turn back. Grudgingly, my brother paid the bridge toll and drove on. He was clearly frustrated by the mistake and the needless waste of Rs.100/-.
We eventually reached an exit slip-way and, as we took it, my brother noticed a beat-up white Ritz pulled over to the side of the road. A young guy was standing nearby trying to phone someone. I was busy trying to figure out which way we went next but my brother pulled over and asked the guy if he needed any help. And he did. He had a flat tire and needed a wrench to get it off.
My brother gave him a wrench, and then proceeded to help him change the flat. After we had finished the job he thanked us and pulled out Rs.500/- note and tried to give it to us. "No," I said. "We were never supposed to even get on that bridge, we took a wrong turn. But now we know why we did. It was to help you. Thank you for turning our mistake into an opportunity to serve."

What I loved most was watching my brother turn his agitation for the mistake into positive energy.

To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all. ~ Peter McWilliams

0 comments: